Saturday, November 9, 2013

Seeking representation

I have some wonderful representation for projects in Philadelphia. Now, I am in the process of procuring representation in NYC in order to increase my visibility at all auditions. I attended a workshop and it was an interesting experience. It was also very affordable.  There were approximately 25 attendees with one agent. Each went in and sang a musical theater selection to get feedback. I am always open to feedback because it leads to growth and insight. Unfortunately, this feedback consisted of 3 sentences. None of sentences discussed type, audition technique, or the effectiveness of my headshot/resume. I literally got asked to watch a single growl, create a cleaner end, and (Who am I to tell you about growling?) Yep, that's it!

So what did I take from this. Thank goodness, I know who I am in this business and am still seeking opportunities to work with new representation.

That is all for now. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment