Tuesday, December 24, 2013

All I want for Christmas

The holiday season is a very reflective time for me. Each year I create a list of goals that will improve my life as an actress. In the midst of financial uncertainty, I make a bolder and riskier list every year. There are some days that I barely have enough to maintain a roof over my head and put food on the table, but the money always comes and it reminds me that I am not on this path alone. God is with every step of the way and when I feel the most vulnerable He is carrying me.

This season ushers in the birth of Jesus Christ, his most beloved. The birth of a child who is destined to change the world. The birth of a child who will save us all. And even after death and resurrection He continues to save us from ourselves and each other time and time again. The power of this season reminds me that anything is possible with God.

My Christmas testimony is that I continue to be thankful that I have a mother and family that continue to support me on this crazy hectic, stressful, but beautiful journey. My mom will come and watch my daughter as I leave to perform locally or regionally. I am also thankful that I finally have representation in NYC to maximize my work opportunity and for contracts that are financially beneficial. Yes! A manager! Most of all, I am thankful for 3 more years of being a full-time actress/singer. During this time, I have been able to keep a roof over our head, food on the table, and even a few extracurricular activities. My daughter continues to blossom into a talented visual artist, writer, overall student, and singer thanks to art lessons, piano lessons, and singing in an established choir. Her quality of life has never been decreased or lessened. She does understand the value of a dollar and that you have to work hard for what you want. And that sometimes I have to say no. She is also unafraid to believe that she can achieve anything she puts her mind to.

2013 saw me as a co-host for monthly blogtalk radio show (Speaking to Harmony) that features some amazing artists and conversations to inspire others that was inspired by this blog. It is a jam packed 30 minutes.

This is my thank you before Christmas Day. This is my joy and gratefulness that everything continues to work out in the end. This is my realization that all I want for Christmas is for Jesus to continue to be a presence in my life. I celebrate His birth by living my life without fear and unwavering faith (even when my smile is replaced with tears, I know that the light will come again).

No comments:

Post a Comment