Sunday, January 6, 2019

Hello 2019

Each year I look back and reflect on what the year has brought me in terms of lessons. What new relationships have been developed and which ones have perished or simply withered away. My growth as an individual, a mother, an artist, and more. How many of my plans actually came to fruition and which ones have flourished beyond my wildest dreams.

As you move forward in purposeful creativity, it is vital that you recognize that your gifts are to be developed and nurtured. If you want more joy in your life, then you must work towards that. If you want more sanity in your life, you must be committed to that. If you want to feel more love and physically feel healthier, that is only possible through consistent and persistent work.

We live in a society that practices and celebrates mediocrity. And often when we want more we are pushed back or ridiculed. I say, continue to push forward and thrive for the beauty in excellence. Take care that your work means something. And that will always bring you closer to a better you. Stop measuring your worth against the other person. Measure it against your own personal joy.

Remember that fear is a constant companion and it can propel you on your journey as opposed to making you stop in your tracks. At the end of each year, I debate whether I am on the right path, should I choose something more dependable, and blah blah blah. This is usually followed by a shock to my financials or some other devastation. And usually after a few days of feeling yucky, I realize that I would not have it any other way. The life that I continue to choose over and over again, makes me truly understand what it means to live and breathe a creative life. And for that I will always be grateful.

The year started with a TV co-star role and ended with a commercial and lots of great projects in between. And to that I say thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment