Friday, April 3, 2015

Call me Handsome Daddy: A week of dating

Single parents are often either dating, avoiding dating, or simply living life with all the beauty and freedom that being single offers. Enough of the BS! Let's talk about dating and these wonderful free sites like Tinder, Badoo and Pick Fish. Well...why not? I am not dead and I am about to have some free time so I dive in.

You get on there and it is quite a ride. You select people from a picture and simply like or don't like them. No fee. No fuss. So now it is time to start. Of course, you get some free meals or a free movie. But, this is about those who made the highlight reel.

I actually had one man get mad at me for swiping him because (his words), "Why would I want to date someone who has 4 kids?" Really?! It is a swipe not eharmony! And why are you on here if you don't expect folks to like you? Ugh!

Or the best ones are those who immediately send you pics of their privates or of them with their children. Why am I meeting your entire family before we meet? Don't get me wrong sometimes you simply want a quick hook up between two consenting adults. And these sites do provide a means and a way, but damn. I even had one literally start with pics of his face, then they moved to his tone belly, and then yep, there it was his milky white penis. And scene. 

Imagine meeting someone for the first time, and they spend the first 30 minutes of the date telling you about a horrific accident they were in and how it led to the end of their marriage.  And after spending 10 minutes speaking about myself, I quickly realized that this would not go past the first date. Lesson learned from this is before you start dating again make sure that you are fully healed from your past or at least sitting on someone's couch to talk about it.

So now, I go back to the site/game and I review the other prospects (and there are many) to see who should be next. Hmmm...well I opt for an inexpensive breakfast date at 30th Street Station. The conversation was a plus. Then the slope begins to plummet. He shows me a picture of a newborn. His newborn...I will let that marinate for a minute. Then he states after telling me his real name, that he prefers to be called Handsome or Handsome Daddy. Yep! And another one hits the dust.

There was one that interested me, but he vanished after a few phone calls and that is okay too. I am always one swipe away from a breakfast, lunch, dinner, torture, or bliss. 



No comments:

Post a Comment